Substances and items that can be toxic to cats and dogs include many which you may have heard of before as well as some less common ones! The following list includes some possible examples of substances and is not a definitive list. If you suspect your pet has been poisoned, seek veterinary advice, identify the substance, collect any packaging which may help your vet with diagnosis and treatment and do not attempt to make your pet vomit (unless instructed to by the vet).
- Grapes (Raisins, Sultanas, Fruitcake etc.)
- Some sugar free items containing Xylitol
- Paracetamol (Acetaminophen)
- Psoriasis Cream (Dovonex)
- Asthma Inhalers (Salbutamol)
Home and Garden
- Washing Liquitabs (e.g. Persil/Bold etc).
- Rubbish/ Waste/ Refuse
- Ethylene Glycol (Antifreeze)
- Anticoagulant rodenticides (Rat poisons)
- Metaldehyde (Slug bait)
- Paraquat (Weedkiller)
- Blue green algae
- Adder Bites
If you think your pet has been poisoned or has been in contact with a toxic substance, contact us.